Ever wonder how great project managers launch their projects successfully?
In this course, we will build a project charter, step-by-step, that allows you to get your stakeholders on the same page.
Whether you are new to project management or just want a refresher, this course will give you all the basics and more.
You will learn to create, refine, and share your project charters in the shortest time possible. You will also learn to improve the understanding and agreement between you, the project sponsor, the project team, and other high-impact stakeholders.
What are the results? Less rework and surprises. Fewer missed deadlines and blown budgets. Happier team members. What's there not to like about this approach?
What will I get?
You will get over two hours of high quality video, a project charter template, a project charter example, and a wealth of tips to help you complete your project charters quickly.
What will I learn?
• What is a project charter (and what it's not)?
• Do you know four other names for a project charter?
• Why is a project charter needed?
• Five powerful inputs to project charters
• The one big difference between the project charter and a project scope statement
• Who should author the project charter?
• When should the project charter be created?
• Getting stakeholders involved in the project charter process
• What should the project charter include?
• How to write clear project goals that get results
• How to present your project
• How to respond to tough questions
• Aligning your projects with your organization’s mission, goals, and strategy
• Using project charters for the selection of projects
• Key questions when creating a project board
• How does a project board know if they're picking the right projects?
• The reasons why you should use a project charter in your kick-off meetings
• What to do when your team gets off track
• One of the fastest, easiest, and best ways to orient new team members
If you want to jump-start your next project and position you and your team for success, you can't afford not to take this course.
What people say about Harry...
“Harry has been a very influential person in my career. When first venturing into the world of project management, he provided me with the guidance and education I needed from day one.” -DAN JONES, PMP
“Intelligent leadership, creative communication and depth of technical skill all describe Harry Hall.” -JOHN BARTUSKA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
“Harry does a great job of boiling down the complex issues facings PMs today and presents solutions in a way that even a novice project manager can understand and apply.” -JEREMY CAUSEY, PMP
“Harry is a wealth of knowledge and experience.” -ALISON MILLS-LONG, PMP
“Harry’s interactive approach is very entertaining and conducive to learning.” -JODI WISOR, PMP
Harry Hall is the Project Risk Coach. He is a coach, speaker, teacher, and blogger who helps leaders and project managers get results. Harry has managed projects for more than 15 years in industries including financial, insurance, healthcare, and agriculture. Harry lives in Macon, Georgia with his wife Sherri. He can be found on LinkedIn.