What makes project meetings a waste of time? How should I address a slack team member? Why is communication difficult and how can I improve it?
This course shows you — no matter how long you’ve been managing projects — how to use your interpersonal skills to build high-performing, unified teams.
Harry Hall tells you ten things successful project managers never tolerate, both in themselves and in their teams. Learn to develop and mature soft skills such as communication, influencing, decision making, cultural awareness, trust building, and coaching. Learn to get results and advance your career.
What you’ll learn:
1. How to exceed expectations while avoiding scope creep.
2. Do you hate project meetings? Learn 10 practical ways to greatly improve your meetings.
3. The secrets of overcoming debilitating meeting behaviors such as unclear purpose, topic hopping, indecision, and unclear direction.
4. How RAID (it’s not bug spray) can greatly improve your project meetings.
5. Three ways to improve trust in your teams.
6. Project execution is the best time to start identifying risks, right? Wrong! I’ll explain why starting early is essential.
7. There are 66 communication channels for a 12 person team. Learn how to create smaller, productive teams without leaving key stakeholders out of the picture.
8. Ten ways to thank your team members (many ideas that cost very little).
9. Some project managers try to squeeze every ounce out of their team members. I’ll explain why taking care of your teams makes more sense.
10. Twelve reasons risk management can become ineffective and what you can do about each.
11. Three ways to increase respect within your teams.
12. What you should avoid when removing an individual from your project team.
13. Four things to do when coaching an irresponsible team member.
14. The one core value that is essential when dealing with conflict, stress, and challenges.
15. Three decision methods and when to use each.
16. How to put the pieces together and take action that drives better results.